Saturday

About my family

I have wonderfully supportive family and friends. I include friends in my 'family' post because my close friends seem more like family to me. I am godmother to two of my best friend's three children and have loved being with them and playing the Wii with them. The 'fishing game' with her youngest daughter, and racing with her son. Playing with them lets me be silly and see things through their eyes. I will eventually adopt two children so they can grow up together.

I have one brother. He is 11months younger than I am (Mom said we were quite a handful). I am convinced it was my brother that was the handful and, of course, I am the levelheaded one. We get along well he lives in Minnesota and we see him and talk to him often. Growing up we had the typical brother-sister relationship but now we are friends as well as siblings.

My childhood was happy and my parents were understanding and fun. Strict when they needed to be, but always fair. I will be that kind of parent. We always talk about trips we took, things we did and my happiest memories are of things we did as a family. Car trips to Mt Rushmore, or camping at the lake. Just being together and having fun.

My mom is the oldest of 5 children. I am close to my Aunts, Uncle and cousins even though they are far away. We visit them at least once a year. They are supporting me 100% and cannot wait to meet the next member of our family.


















My friends:
I have a great network of friends supporting me. Some have also adopted and have helped me with this journey. We spend alot of our time together at the pool, playing with the kids, having cookouts together and taking day trips together.















These are my friends and family. I support them and they support me.

No comments: